Billboard advertising is the most cost effective type of advertising and it is very effective. Billboards are everywhere, and for good reason: They work! Since they are so effective, how can advertisers get the most bang for their buck with billboards? Here are three tips to help you with your billboard advertising.
1. Chose the best possible location:
In the billboard world, location is everything! Look for a billboard location that is close to areas that your target market will go to so you can expose them to your advertisements.
Also look for billboards that can be easily viewed from far away. You don’t want a billboard that you can only see right as you drive past it. Choose billboards that give you plenty of time to read your message.
Drive by the billboard several times throughout the day to get an idea of how well you can or can’t see it before making your final decision to purchase it or not.
2. Follow these basic billboard design rules:
Advertisements on billboards only have an average of 7 seconds to be viewed so it is our job as advertisers to make the design the best it can be by making sure the copy is big enough to be read by passing motorists. I would recommend to make it at least two feet tall and to use thick, easy to read fonts. A good general billboard rule is to use 9 words or less in your entire billboard! Less is more.
Make sure you use good contrasting colors. Black copy on red backgrounds do NOT work well on billboards because their isn’t enough contrast between the two colors. However, black copy is very effective when placed on a yellow background.
Tell the passing motorists who your company is and how they can get in touch with you. There’s nothing worse than a great ad with a tiny logo which makes you guess who the ad belongs to and leaves you with no way of knowing which product to purchase.
3. Test your results to see just how effective your billboard really is:
Ad tracking is the ultimate way to see just how good or bad your advertisement is doing and the same is true with billboards. Tracking the results of a billboard isn’t as easy as tracking an online ad, but it can still be done with a little bit of creativity.
- Simply ask potential customers how they found you. You can bring it up in casual conversation with your potential customers, you can email them or even ask them on your social media sites.
- Put a unique phone number or website address on your billboard so you can see how many people contact you this way. You can then see how many of those people purchase your product of service.
- There’s even tracking devices that can be placed on billboards to see who looks at your ad. Of course it’s a bit pricey, but it can be done.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6990484