Despite the inability of the daily subscription newspaper to fight effectively against the news outlets on the internet, starting your own newspaper can have tremendous influence and financial benefits. Read on to find out how to start your own newspaper.
DECIDE ON THE DIRECTION OR FLAVOR YOUR NEWSPAPER WILL TAKE
A general newspaper may not succeed well when competing with local subscription newspaper companies. That is not to say it won’t if you can offer something unique and well received. Either way, it is important to know what flavor your paper will take.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Will my newspaper be targeting a specific niche of the public?
- Will my newspaper be predominately newsy, political, or general help?
- Can I start a newspaper that does not compete with other papers in my area?
- Do I want to compete with local newspapers?
- Is my newspaper going to cover local news and how will I report on current events?
- Do I need to hire freelance reporters?
- Should I charge for a subscription?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5525233